Hughes County Speech Contest ----- february 19
Entries are due to Mrs. April January 31st.
The contest will be Febraury 19th, 4:30pm at Moss High School.
HUGHES COUNTY SHARE THE FUN ----- JANUARY 21
Entries are due to Mrs. April January 10th.
The event will be January 21st, 6:00-8:00pm at Holdenville High School Auditorium.
Click here for categories and guidelines.
Winter Food & Craft Fair
Entries due to Mrs. April --- Dec. 2nd!
Hughes County Fair ----- August 22 - 24, 2019
State Fair Book (same categories and rules for County)
Stuart entries due to Mrs. April by end of day Wednesday, 8/21. (Baked goods may be brought the morning of 8/22.)
There will be a new opportunity to show rabbits and poultry at this year's fair! If you are interested, please attend this meeting: rabbit and poultry meeting.
- 4:00 pm Rabbit and Poultry Showmanship
- 4:00 pm Building open to public to view judged entries
- 4:30 pm Spelling Bee (Spelling Bee Info)
- 9:00 am Livestock Judging Contest
- 7:00 pm Bucket Calf Show (CONTACT HUGHES CO. EXTENSION OFFICE TO SIGN UP 405-379-5470)
- Livestock Show following Bucket Calf Show
Record books ----- DUE to mrs. april september 2nd
Template and instructions for ages 8 - 13: Jr. Record Book.
Template and instructions for ages 14 - 18: Sr. Record Book.
- This year 4-H members can pick 2 projects for their record book.
- Here's a good resource: http://4h.okstate.edu/for-youth/awards/4-h-awards-information.
- A green record book folder will be provided for you.
Hughes County Award Forms: These are to be turned in with the record book. If you need help with any of these, just ask! Most of our members should be eligible for some of these awards.